THE PURPOSE OF DAN-JUN BREATHING
Dan-Jun breathing is easily the most important part of our martial arts training. We need to breathe to live and the better our breathing, the better our lives will be.
By understanding, developing, and practicing Dan-Jun breathing, the following will be developed:
– Concentration– The act of practicing structured and specific breathing patterns requires a great deal of concentration. This quality does not exist in a vacuum. Theability to concentrate will carry over to all activities and accelerate learning, muscle coordination, and speed.
– Patience– Due to the time and practice necessary to properly develop breathing techniques, you will need patience. Many repetitions of slow, deliberate abdominal movements with both require and develop this patience.
– Blood Circulation – Dan Jun Breathing exercises will temporarily increase the blood flow helping to cleanse the body and improve overall circulation
– Strength – We think of internal power as derived from the Dan-Jun area. Knowing how to control and use this energy will enable you to develop tremendous strength and abilities.
– Strength 2 – In addition to internal power, proper breathing will increase your physical strength as well. Firstly, proper breathing helps return you to your natural state. We were not meant to sit at a desk, have bad posture, breathe shallow and be rigid and weak. We were meant to crawl, stand, and run, be flexible, breathe deep and be strong. Getting back to this natural state will help you be stronger. Furthermore, it will enable you to coordinate your body and breathing thus amplifying the effects.